Runners set big Goals

Samantha McCarty

Review staff writer

Linfield women’s cross country team is using its momentum to fuel high hopes and big goals
this year.

The ’Cats took fourth out of 10 teams Sept. 13 at their latest meet at the Lewis & Clark Collegiate Invitational. Junior Marci Klimek, placed first and won by a comfortable 25 seconds.

Her time of 22 minutes, 23 seconds was the seventh-best finish ever recorded at the meet. It was Klimek’s third victory out of three meets this season.

Concordia College runners Linsie Michels, 22:48, and Andria Scheese, 22:59, helped push the school to a first-place finish ahead of the ’Cats.

Also placing in the top ranks was freshman Nelly Evans, coming in tenth with a time of 23:45. Evans was fast enough to finish second on the team behind Klimek. Three freshmen runners, Shanna Peaden, 24:16, Brooke Keudell, 24:22, and
Lindsey
Thomas, 24:36, finished on Evans’ heels.

Junior Frances Corcorran said the season looks
promising.

“Everyone is moving up in the races and working really hard,” Corcorran said. “It’s a really good groupthis year.”

The women will face their challenges head-on this season.

Corcorran said the biggest obstacle they face is having it all come together at conference and regionals.  

With Klimek’s winning streak paving the way, Linfield has started off with a solid season so far.

The Wildcats have three races down successfully with hope that the next six will prove just as fruitful, with victory in the near
future. 

Linfield will host the Linfield open at Joe Dancer Park on Sept. 26.