New additions to Mac Market: the community hangout in McMinnville

Tori Schuller

Nestled off Lafayette Ave. in McMinnville, Mac Market is a cozy building that offers a great hangout and dining option for anyone. It houses restaurants and shops that offer good times and food throughout the day. Mac Market serves as a hub for the Mcminnville community, being the home of several restaurants and shops, along with hosting community events.

The restaurants housed in the Mac Market are fit for any Linfield student looking for an early meal, a quick lunch or a dinner location. One such restaurant is the Hayward, which features high-end dishes perfect for a date night or dinner with friends, open from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. The market is also home to the Bodhi Bakery, which offers breakfast items such as coffee, fresh products and delicious food. Finally, Mac Market hosts Honey Pies, which offers customizable New York style pizzas, along with salads, breads and gluten free options. It is also a cheap alternative, serving big pizzas that can feed multiple for under twenty dollars.

The Wellspent Market is a business that offers pantry staples from small market global suppliers from places like Sicily, Greece, and France, along with some local suppliers as well. The food there is all made by smaller businesses, and serves as a healthier alternative to foods from larger suppliers. They sell items like baking materials, olive oils, dairy products and condiments.

Moving away from food, Sustainable Rituals offers a selection of personal care items, such as soaps, dish scrubbers and hairbrushes, all from local sources.

Mac Market is also home to community events, such as a trivia night hosted on the first Tuesday of every month and the McMinnville Chess Club, which meets on the first and third Wednesdays of the month. These events add to the welcoming community atmosphere the Mac Market provides.

Overall, Mac Market is a great place for a night out with friends or to see what the community of McMinnville offers. You can find out more at macmkt.com, and Mac Market is located at 1140 NE Alpine Ave.