Halloween in Mac

Mai Doan

Review staff writer

Tonight, Safe and Sane will take place on Third Street and will include activities and games for children. All of Linfield’s Greek organizations will help run the Safe and Sane event.
About 30 to 40 students from Greek organizations and ASLC will be at the corner of Davis and Third Streets in costumes to organize games and hand out candy to children.
On campus, every residence hall is decorated to welcome local kids for trick-or-treating, an annual event sponsored by Residence Life.
“We want to show our community our positive influence,” senior Devita Vaughan, residence life assistant for leadership development, said. “Linfield is a safe place to trick or treat.”
The event starts at 5 p.m. in Fred Meyer Lounge and ends at 8 p.m.
There are five categories for the Halloween decoration contest between the residence halls: most “green,” most kid-friendly, best overall design, most creative theme and scariest.
Another event on campus is Friday Night Live’s Rocktober dance party and costume contest at 9 p.m. in Fred Meyer Lounge.
The dance is sponsored by Informed Choices, Mahaffey Hall, Campbell Hall, Jane Failing Hall, Miller Hall, Elkinton Hall, Larsell Hall, Residence Hall Association, Residence Hall Executive Council, Phi Sigma Sigma Sorority, Sigma Kappa Phi Sorority and Kappa Sigma Fraternity. It is a time for students to dress up in their best costumes, enjoy mocktails and dance with glow sticks.
An annual haunted house sponsored by the Delta Psi Delta Fraternity and Zeta Tau Alpha Sorority will be at the Delta Psi Delta Fraternity house from 8 p.m. to midnight.