Comedian explores dating, sex

Comedian Jonny Loquasto engages his audience during his show Nov. 5 in Ice Auditorium. Joel Ray/Photo editor

A comedian gave an interactive performance dealing with the subjects of dating and relationships.

The show took place Nov. 5 in the Ice Auditorium.

Comedian Jonny Loquasto has hosted shows for the Gameshow Network, TBS, Break.com and various shows at CBS.

“At the beginning of the show, he rearranged people in the balcony,” sophomore Tim Marl said. “He told them to sit next to each other to make relationships happen.”

Junior Julie Schoettler said she was not entirely sure what to expect, but she enjoyed the show.

“I didn’t really know what he was going to be like,” Schoettler said. “I had never heard of him before, and there weren’t a lot of people in the audience when I went in there, so I didn’t think it was going to be very good. But it was a lot better than I thought.”

Schoettler said one of her favorite parts was a remark that Loquasto made about the gender ratio.

“He made a comment about how the Linfield freshmen class is 70 percent women and 30 percent men, so the guys have good odds,” Schoettler said.

One of the most memorable parts of the show was the end, Marl said.

“He did a little dating show at the end with people he picked from the audience,” Marl said. “There were two girls and four guys. It was like a typical dating show. He asked the guys questions, and at the end, the girls had to pick which guy they liked.”

Marl said that, overall, it was a funny and engaging performance.

“I laughed a lot during the show,” Marl said.

Schoettler appreciated how Loquasto worked with the audience during his comic routine.

“He really listened to the crowd,” Schoettler said. “He listened to what we liked, what we got, what we laughed about, and he would change his jokes depending on the crowd’s reaction. The crowd liked him.”

Schoettler said that she enjoyed the show and she would watch Loquasto perform again if he came back to Linfield in the future.

“I think it’s great that ASLC puts on these events for us,” Schoettler said.

_________________________________________________________________________________
Sharon Gollery/
Culture editor
Sharon Gollery can be reached at [email protected].