Blogging still underestimated

Several of my friends scoff at the idea of blogging because they are unsure of what to write. It’s not a novel, people; you’re supposed to say anything you feel like saying. Get things off of your chest and out of your system. How difficult is that?

People get caught up on the fact that others will read what they have written, but that’s kind of the point there, chaps, and that’s no excuse to shy away from blogging.

Maybe I don’t have the same issue because I switch back and forth between blogging without regard of an audience and addressing an intangible one. The former is more popular with my blog. I say the things I prefer to say about whatever and occasionally whomever, I decide. Everyone can’t be a tactless wonder as easily as I can, so I suppose watching your characters are in order. However, I believe my blog is a deliberate manifestation of my contemplations and a conduit for expression. What do I have if I am absent the ability to be authentic in the expressions of  my notions and my opinions? Blogging provides that
prospect no matter who peruses what you have written. 

I admit, I was skeptical at the onset of my blogging. During the past two years, I have found blogging
refreshing and habit-forming. I segue from subject to subject when I blog, much similar to my behavior in human conversation, except in a blog there is no obligation to tie loose ends. I can exhibit as many signs of attention
deficit disorder as I require without anxiety; my gratification is derived from merely putting my point across.

Blogging possesses an unseen quality that I unveiled the other day. I was looking back through old blog posts, making my way down a digitized memory lane. I noticed two things: One is that I am absolutely
hilarious. The other is that a blog is like a miniature time capsule. I was reminded of exactly what I did on certain days and  had a wonderful time rediscovering my mindset from days past. Witnessing the development of my voice as a blogger was delightful, as well.

The voices and opinions of my friends outside of conversations are interesting to me. I am not only a blog writer, I am a blog reader. I read blogs to get a better insight into people’s views and because exposure to differing mentalities is healthy. Having an outlet to dispense one’s sentiments is important to me, and the anonymity of potential readers adds to the enthusiasm with which I blog.

To start a blog displaying your innermost secrets is not what I encourage. I am simply insinuating that there are benefits to blogging.

So get over yourselves and get to a computer.

2