Your opinion matters. Vote.

It is always exciting to hear college students are getting involved, especially when it comes to politics. Let’s be honest: Politics isn’t always the most
riveting subject. However, the Review was ecstatic to hear that Benton County, home of Oregon State University, had seen a large jump in voter registration.
According to an article from the Associated Press, as of Oct. 6 Benton County reported that 4,654 voters have registered since Jan. 1. Half of them signed up since the May primary. This is an incredible number, especially since the majority of these voters are college students.
To see students actively engaged in public matters is always a good thing. Whether it be just by registering or all the way to personally participating in a candidate’s campaign, it is always important to be involved on some level.
Voter registration for Oregon residents ended Oct. 14. We hope everyone was able to register to vote in the general election. Students from other states still have some time, but not much. No reason exists not to register; every vote matters. President George W. Bush won the 2004 election by a mere seven thousand votes.
The Review sincerely hopes the majority of the campus turns out to vote in November. Can you imagine adding another 1,700 votes? Oregon might not be considered a battleground state, but that shouldn’t matter. It would be disappointing otherwise. In such an important and unprecedented presidential election it is the least you can do.
The Review hopes you watched the final presidential debate on Oct. 15. Did you see Sen. John McCain look Sen. Barack Obama in the eye and chide him about taxes and about his backbone in standing up to other Democrats? Did you see how Obama discussed the economy, climate change, foreign oil and trade? You should have.
Study up. Stimulate debate of your own. Make an informed choice. Do your part as a U.S. citizen. Vote. We will.