We should take advantage of Linfield’s programs

College is meant to be a place where students figure out who they are and what eventually they would like to become. Linfield, as a liberal arts college, offers many opportunities for students to explore broad areas of interest.
For example, there are a number of clubs, IM sports teams and courses available to students who are willing to take advantage of all Linfield has to offer.
However, the problem is that too many students don’t take advantage of the opportunities that are sitting right at their finger tips.
It can definitely be easy to get caught in an impenetrable bubble when navigating your way through college. For example, there are a number of classes in your major or minor which are required and can therefore take up a lot of time in your already jam-packed schedule.
But if you can find some room, try to expand your horizons and take a course simply because you are interested in the subject. What other time in your life will you be able to do that?
As far as clubs and IM sports go, make an effort to see what’s available and to find out what they’re all about. Who knows, you might be good at a sport you never thought of playing before, and you may come across a hidden interest or passion in a club.
Joining a club or IM sports team exposes you to other students that may not live in your residence hall or apartment complex or be in your fraternity or sorority. This is a chance to meet people outside your usual social sphere. It’s a great way to meet new friends.
Overall, make your time at college a time to challenge yourself not only academically but socially. It can be difficult to step outside of your comfort zone, but try to take some chances.

-The Review Editorial Board