Meet the ASLC Cabinet: Nicole Bond

Name: Nicole Bond
Position on ASLC Cabinet: VP of Programming
Age: 20
Grade: Junior
Majors: Math and economics
Hometown: Seattle, Wash.

The Linfield Review: What experience do you have that qualifies you for the position?

Bond: Speaking in terms of experience from this past year, I was secretary and publicity chair on [the Linfield Activities Board]. Through that, I learnd a lot about the administrative things about how LAB works and about how ASLC works. In terms of programming background, I was a Resident Advisor this year, so I planned hall activities, including bigger, whole Residence Life events. I’ve been on ASLC Senate for two years. I was a committee chair this year. I’ve been on Activities Council this year, which I think is important because it’s the other aspect of programming besides LAB. I learned a lot through all those positions.

TLR: What major goals do you have for the coming year?

Bond: I have a lot of smaller goals. The one thing that’s been the biggest presence in my mind, in a word, is collaboration. I’m trying to get away from the “it’s-what-we-did-last-year-so-let’s-just-do-it-again-this-year” kind of thing. And I want to make more events that are planned by the entire LAB. Other goals I have: better publicity, getting more feedback from the students and to make Wildstock the highlight of everyone’s Spring Semester.

TLR: What would you like to build on from your predecessor’s tenure in office?

Bond: I think [senior] Katrina [Peavey] has done a really great job of expanding service aspects of our activities. In past years, there haven’t been very many. I think I want to extend some of those service aspects.

TLR: Is there anything you would like to say to other students as the incoming vice president of programming?

Bond: Give me feedback. Tell me what events you want to see because we’re using your student body fees.

Compiled by Dominic Baez, editor-in-chief