Letter to the editor – Colin Jones

Hey Wildcats!
My name is Colin Jones and I am running as a write-in candidate for ASLC President. I’m a junior Political Science/Religious Studies double major from Hilo, Hawai’i. I’m not going to spend a lot of time reciting my resume, because I know how boring that can be, but the greatest hits version is that I am currently the ASLC Club Director, the Coordinator for the Alternative Spring Break Program, and the Student Representative on the Dean of Students Search Committee and the Linfield College Planning Council.
I am running for ASLC President because I think I would use my experience to represent the Linfield Student Body well. I have three primary goals. I will: 1. be a strong voice for students, representing student concerns and interests to the faculty and administration; 2. facilitate diverse leadership and engagement on campus by hiring a cross-section of leaders of different grades, majors, and interests; and 3. create a conversation between student leaders and the student body they represent by improving ASLC Cabinet accountability and responsiveness. And there is so much more I hope to be able to do for students.
As an official write-in candidate, my name will not appear on the ballot. However, a blank will be provided, and if you write my name, Colin Jones, in that blank a vote will be counted for me. If you have any questions, or ideas you’d like to share with me, I’d love to hear from you. I look forward to representing you as your ASLC President.
Sincerely,
Colin Jones