It’s wasn’t just one act of ignorance

Dominic Baez
“Today, my girlfriend dumped me proclaiming she wanted someone more like her ‘Edward.’ I asked her who Edward was. She held up a copy of her ‘Twilight’ book. She was talking about a fictional vampire. FML.”
Funny, right? Yes. I love FMyLife.com. And here I thought I was going to write about torture. I decided that I would give my opinion about something not so heavy this week. So I thought I would find the most ridiculous stories I could find on news Web sites and tell you all about them.
This is what I found:
What?!? A low-flying plane in New York?!?
The top of my list would have to be a story I found on CNN.com. Titled “White House apologizes for low-flying plane,” which described how a low-flying Boeing 747 that was spotted above the Manhattan skyline. This in turn resulted in people evacuating buildings in fear of another 9/11 incident. Building evacuations also took place in Jersey City, N.J. The aircraft, functioning as Air Force One when the president is aboard, was taking part in a classified, government-sanctioned photo shoot. Sounds legit, right? Get this: Hardly anyone was informed, and those who were informed were told not to say anything about it.
Sen. Chuck Schumer perfectly stated how I felt: “‘It is absolutely outrageous and appalling to think that the FAA would plan such a photo shoot and not warn the public, knowing full well New Yorkers still have the vivid memory of 9/11 sketched in their minds,’ the New York Democrat said. Schumer said the FAA’s decision to not announce the
flyby ‘really borders on being either cruel or very, very stupid.’”
Really, what was the Federal Aviation Administration thinking doing that? Did that at all seem as though it would be a good idea? I wasn’t there for the attacks, but I would have been absolutely terrified if I had witnessed it. Talk about stupidity. That was a grievous error in judgment, and I hope someone is punished for acting in such an idiotic manner. Moving on.
Crazy lady does “do-it-yourself” abortions
After reading an article online at MSNBC.com titled “Calif. woman sentenced for illegal abortions,” I am thankful I can’t ever get pregnant. According to the article, “A woman who posed as a doctor and performed unlicensed abortions at her clinic in Chula Vista, Calif., has been sentenced to six years and eight months in prison. A San Diego County Superior Court judge on Friday ordered Bertha
Bugarin to serve the sentence concurrently with a three-year term handed down by a Los Angeles court for similar charges. Bugarin also operated five abortion clinics in Los Angles and Santa Ana.”
Yes, some crazy, knife-wielding lunatic was performing abortions without a license and, it seems, without a care. I don’t get people. I don’t care who you are; abortions are hard enough as it is. You don’t need to make it more of a nightmare. Want to know the best part, though? “Burgarin’s defense attorney says her client is a ‘get-things-done kind of woman’ who recognized that she was wrong,” the article stated. Oh, golly gee willikers, Ms. Burgarin, I guess if you say you’re sorry that makes everything better—Not. What the hell is wrong with you? I hope you enjoy prison.
Police on search for psychotic uncle
Here’s a story on the darker side: “The body of a 3-year-old girl has been found in a northern New Jersey river, just hours after police say her uncle left with her and told family members ‘to watch the 6 o’clock news tonight.’ Janiay Rievas was found around 9:30 a.m. Saturday in the Passaic River, police said. Authorities searched for Juan Mendez, 21, whose abandoned car was found on a bridge over the river. Mendez had been living with family members in Passaic. Police say he left with the girl at around 6 a.m. White said family members told police Mendez ‘left in a rage and said to watch the 6 o’clock news tonight,’” an article on MSNBC.com stated.
This is heartbreaking, but what I don’t understand is why the family would let an enraged man take this little girl after saying that. I would have been doing my damndest to stop him, by force or by calling the cops. I may not know all of the details, but this tragedy seems as though it could have been prevented, which is the saddest part of all.
When did domestic abuse lead to cohabitation?
On a lighter note, I guess Rihanna and Chris Brown are back together. Yep. “According to a report by Chicago’s Sun Times, the couple has re-established their relationship and is living together. Brown has not reportedly ‘officially’ moved in with Rihanna, but they’ve had ‘quite a few nights together,’ a family friend of the ‘Disturbia’ singer claimed,” an article on MSNBC.com stated.
OK, so I have my own reservations about this story, and it’s obvious that I don’t know what all went on, but if any of it was true, Rihanna is stupid as hell for taking him back. But that’s just my opinion. What really makes me mad is that fact that this is news. It was on my freaking newsfeed, for crying out loud. Get real, people. I mean, I’m all for putting an end to domestic abuse, but it’s only because they’re famous that anyone even cares. I could knock the crap out of anyone, and no one would care. Well, other than the one I just accosted. And maybe the police. But that’s it. My point is that this is not news. People need to find better things to do with their time.
And to finish things off for you, here’s a little something else from FMyLife.com:
“Today, I was sitting next to the guy I like and he was doing homework. Then, he looks up, his eyes meeting mine. His smooth voice mutters my name as his face inches closer to mine. I can feel his minty breath against my face. My pulse is racing. Then, he says, ‘What’s a pronoun?’ FML.”
I hope you enjoyed that. I know I did.