ASLC candidates share goals

It’s that time of year again, time to vote or our Associated Students of Linfield College president.

Linfield’s two candidates running for president are juniors Gabe Wells and Trey Chiu.

Running unopposed for vice president is junior Ivanna Tucker.

Wells’ main goal is to bridge gaps between the different groups here on campus.

One example is having Greek life be involved with sustainability. He also hopes to plan more events and encourage more students to attend those events.

He also would like to make sure to lay good groundwork for incoming freshmen, so that their experience from then on will be positive.

Wells would like to be a person that any student can come and talk to, so as to gain their insight on what could make Linfield even better.

Chiu’s main goal is to build a more open, aware Linfield community.

He wants to make sure that Linfield is a place where students can feel comfortable speaking their mind, exchanging ideas and constructive criticism.

He also hopes to organize events that are a little different from what we have now, that break away from the same mold.

He, too, believes that laying good groundwork for incoming freshmen is essential in making their next four years at Linfield great. Chiu would like to be someone that the students can go to talk to, and suggest ideas that could better the Linfield experience.

Tucker’s goal is being a voice for the students. She would like to take their input and work to try and make those suggestions happen.

She wants Linfield students to know that they can talk to her about problems or issues that a student is having with the Linfield community and she will do what she can to help solve that problem.

She hopes to not only help the individual but the whole student body as well.

Gabe Wells is from Portland, Ore. He’s a part of Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity and is working toward a double major in philosophy and management, with a minor in music.

Trey Chiu is from Fairbanks, Alaska. He works as a lab teaching assistant for chemistry and is working toward a major in biochemistry and molecular biology, with a double minor in German studies and philosophy.

Ivanna Tucker calls Portland, Ore., her home while not at school. She is a part of Phi Sigma Sigma sorority as well as the Panhellenic Council and is working toward a double major in mass communication and communication arts.

The question and answers panel took place on March 3, in the Fred Meyer Lounge.

Aimee Bertolli / For the Review

Aimee            Bertolli            can                 be                   reached        at
[email protected].