Softball continue its undefeated streak

The softball team kept it’s perfect record intact beating George Fox University in back-to-back games away on March 1, (10-02), (03-02).

The Wildcats beat the Bruins in the first game with a score of ten runs to two in a six-inning span.

The ‘Cats scored at least one run during the whole game, but George Fox kept up with them all the way through the second inning.

Senior Haylie Watson and junior McKenna Spieth both hit solo home runs in the second and their innings, pushing the Wildcats ahead. From that point on Linfield never looked back.

Watson didn’t stop at just one home run however, with another in the sixth inning, which marked the second to last run made that game.

The ’Cats continued to dominate the Bruins in their second, closer game that ending in the ninth inning with a final score of three runs to two. The two teams went back and forth with strike outs with a couple of hits thrown in there.

Junior Grace Middelstadt delivered the game-winning blow to the left-center field in the final inning that tied up the longer of the two games.

The Wildcats had a game canceled on March 2 due to weather conditions, so it will be moved to a new date later this week. The ’Cats next set game is March 8 against Puget Sound University and March 9 against Pacific Lutheran University both starting at noon.

Stephanie Hofmann/Sports editor

[email protected]