Linfield brings broadway music front and center

Katie DeVore/For the Review

Students have been rehearsing the Musical Theater Cabaret since the first week of classes this semester. Hard work and dedication will be coming to a close in “Broadway Baby!” as student performers take stage to showcase their talent. 

The Musical Theater Cabaret will be at 8 p.m. Wednesday, May 21 in the Delkin Recital Hall at the Vivian A. Bull Music Center.

The group will be performing scenes, as well as songs from contemporary Broadway musicals. Some of the musical performances include “Les Miserable,” “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat,”  “The Secret Garden” and many more. 

Four talented Linfield students will be front and center stage. They will be performing songs, duets, and ensembles from contemporary works. The program features seniors Angie Aguilar; Chelsea Ploof; sophomore Megan Uhrinak and freshman Mikenna Whatley. The group will be accompanied by professional pianist and Linfield Alum, Susan McDaniel. 

This performance is the culmination of a musical theater cabaret class taught by Natalie Gunn, accompanied by Susan McDaniel. 

“Natalie Gunn has done a great job putting this event together, and we have all worked very hard. Be prepared to hear a medley of Andrew Lloyd Weber, a show stopping compilation of ‘Les Miserables,’ a jazzy version of ‘Somewhere Over the Rainbow’ and a hip rendition of ‘Broadway Baby!’” Ploof said.

Katie DeVore can be reached at [email protected]