I’m in love with ‘Crazy, Stupid, Love’

“Crazy, Stupid, Love” is an outstanding movie. I mentioned it earlier this year as my favorite movie of the summer but didn’t get to do much of a review for it.

“Crazy, Stupid, Love” is the story of Cal and Emily Weaver (played by Steve Carell  and Julianne Moore) and their unfortunate divorce after 25 years of marriage when Emily admits to sleeping with her co-worker (played by Kevin Bacon).

Cal then falls into a deep hole and spends most of his time at a local bar talking to anyone who will listen about the situation. A club regular and player, Jacob, (played by Ryan Gosling) gets tired of hearing about the sob story and offers to teach Cal how to “get his manhood back.”

After accepting the offer, Cal learns from the ladies’ man, Jacob, and begins to move on with his life.

Later, Jacob claims he has found the woman for him, Hannah (played by Emma Stone) and leaves the club scene.

Eventually, Cal realizes that he still loves and misses Emily and wants to go home. This is where all of the fun starts!

Through the beginning of the movie, it was hard to tell exactly what path this movie was going to take. Eventually, it finds its footing and takes off.

“Crazy, Stupid, Love” was clever, emotional, and above all, real. It features at least five different love stories that are all awkwardly connected.

The cast really highlighted this movie. Carell, Moore, Gosling, Stone and even Bacon were incredibly believable. Gosling has really grown on me, and he didn’t disappoint.

Carell was a toned-down version of his usual character, which I thought was one of his best movie roles yet. I also recommend “Dan in Real Life. “

Overall, the humor level was at about a B+, although there was one scene toward the end of the movie where it got bumped up to an A+.

If you’re looking for a solid movie with a mixed up love story that is well-developed and powerful, I highly recommend it.

I give “Crazy, Stupid, Love:” 9.5/10

Once again, this was Hayden from haydensmovies.com bringing you the latest and greatest in movie news and reviews.

______________________________________________________________________
Hayden Mace/
For the Review
Hayden Mace can be reached at [email protected].