College offers new online degree to adults

Samantha Sigler

Linfield’s Adult Degree Program now offers students the option to receive an online bachelor’s degree in marketing.

The program is designed to allow  students to receive a quality education while balancing work, family and other responsibilities.

The online marketing degree contains an equal amount of course material as the degree available on-campus, and it allows students the option to gain a “sound basic education in business, accounting and marketing,” as well as their liberal arts education.

The Adult Degree Program is similar to Linfield’s undergraduate program, as it allows students to receive financial aid through grants and loans, with workshops to aid students to gain scholarships.

It is meant to enable students to receive credit for life and work experience to lower the amount and number of courses that are necessary in order to earn their bachelor degrees.

Once enrolled in the program, students partner with an academic advisor who can aid them in choosing courses .

Also, the Division of Continuing Education’s Adult Degree Program allows students the option to receive both a bachelor’s degree or a certificate in a combination of online as well as in classroom settings.

Through this program, students have a choice between receiving a Bachelor of Science degree in Marketing or the Bachelor of Arts degree in marketing.

In addition to this program, Linfield’s Adult Degree Program also offers degrees in accounting, social sciences, management, international business and RN to BSN. Certificates are available in accounting, marketing and human resource management.

_____________________________________________________________________
Samantha Sigler/
News editor
Samantha sigler can be reached at [email protected]