“I screamed!” Max’s newest dating show: Naked Attraction

Annemarie Mullet

Who doesn’t love Max? It’s got all the streaming goods that Netflix, Hulu and Disney+ don’t. It’s famous for Euphoria and so much more. Most recently and controversially? “Naked Attraction.”

The title describes the whole concept of the show. There are so many different shows out there, that it can be hard to keep track of who starred on “Too Hot To Handle” versus “Love Island.” They all kind of blend together.

Well, quite the opposite of “Love is Blind,” the UK original “Naked Attraction” is leaving U.S. viewers in wide-eyed shock. Within the opening scene, you’ll be exposed to penises, butts, vaginas and quite literally every part of the human body. Viewer discretion is heavily advised.

Creating a stir on the popular streaming device, TikTok, people are daring their friends to watch the opening scene without telling them what it entails and recording their reactions. By now, it can be assumed what their reactions are.

Hosted by UK TV personnel, Anna Richardson, this show takes an unorthodox and backward approach to the dating realm. Instead of meeting a potential partner who is fully clothed and judging them based on character within the first date, six contestants are displayed naked in a box. Every round, the box slowly moves up from the legs eventually exposing the face and voice of the people last. However, with every creep up the body, someone is eliminated by the special guest who is ultimately the judge and prize of the episode.

Once the chooser picks their desired date and all others are eliminated, they too have to undress for the chosen date. At the end of the show, it changes to a scene of the potential couple on a date — post-nakedness and enjoying a night out.

The show only made an appearance in the United States within the past month with the first six seasons debuting Max on Sept. 30. This show has been in circulation in the UK since 2016.

With a new dating show in the mix in the United States, viewers are left shocked as this is something the U.S. has never seen before.