Swift and Kelce; America’s newest royal couple

Annemarie Mullet

As Halloween approaches, couples everywhere try to think of an original costume. Some might go with the Statue of Liberty and tourist classic, cowboy and cowgirl, or even the Incredibles. A recent idea came to light this summer, when the new “Barbie” movie was released, blowing previous box office numbers out of the water. The movie passed $1 billion in the office rapidly, becoming the first movie to achieve the statistic with a female director, and quickly became the biggest movie of the year.

However, even the classic “Barbie and Ken” might not be at the forefront for a Halloween couples costume, with a new couple emerging from the spotlight as of late; a superstar and a football player.

On Sept. 24, Taylor Swift was spotted; not at a recording studio or stadium stage, but at a Kansas City Chiefs game. The superstar spent the day in a suite, watching her rumored new boyfriend, Travis Kelce, play football against the Chicago Bears.

Swift is currently on a break from the Eras Tour, her worldwide stadium tour that sold out within minutes in November of 2021. However, the time off has not stopped Swift from continuously giving her fans more to rave about. This past Friday, the Eras Tour documentary was released, wasting no time to show record-breaking numbers.

The first weekend brought in an astonishing $123.5 million from the box offices, making the Eras Tour movie the largest worldwide opening weekend for any concert film ever.

Although Swift’s concert dates do not resume until Nov. 9th, in Argentina, the singer is taking no time off from releasing music. The long-awaited re-recording of Swift’s pop album, 1989, was revealed to the public on Oct. 27th.

Needless to say, the worldwide popstar has been more than busy.

While the world has been buzzing about the new couple, this relationship is unlike some that the popstar has had in the past.

In early March this year, Swift ended her relationship with her longtime boyfriend of six years, Joe Alwyn. Alwyn and Swift were known for keeping their relationship private, and hidden from the cameras and public. Swift wrote countless songs and albums dedicated to Alwyn, so the world was shocked when the couple split.

However, Kelce and Alwyn are different when it comes to the spotlight. Kelce is more than familiar with the spotlight and cameras, and is eager to let the world know that he is the man dating Taylor Swift.

Needless to say, choose your costume carefully this Halloween. If not, you might be seeing a large number of sparkly dresses, high heels, and football jerseys this Oct. 31st.