Former Linfield trustee David Jubb pleads no contest, sentenced to probation and community service

Anna Frazier, Managing Editor

Leer en español

Former Linfield University Board of Trustees member, David Jubb, pleaded “no contest” to two charges of sexual harassment in Yamhill County Circuit Court on Thursday, according to court records. A plea of no contest means the defendant does not admit guilt for the alleged crime, but will accept the conviction.

The other six charges were dismissed, according to court records. They included one count of sexual abuse in the first degree and five counts of sexual abuse in the third degree.

An alumnus from the class of 1971, Jubb served as a trustee from 1994 until his resignation in 2019 following a series of allegations of sexual misconduct involving four students. AnnaMarie Motis, class of 2019 and a former student trustee, filed suit against Jubb and Linfield in 2019.

Judge Eric Bergstrom sentenced Jubb to 18 months of bench probation and 80 hours of community service and ordered Jubb to undergo alcohol treatment, according to the News-Register. Bench probation is the lowest probationary level and is overseen by a probation clerk.

The News-Register also reports the sentences are consecutive and one may be dismissed if all terms are met during the 18-month probation.

Jubb’s attorney, Stephen A. Houze of Portland, declined to comment Monday morning.