A Brand New Start

Kaden Gass, Staff Writer

Hello everybody and welcome back to campus! Who’s excited for this year? I know I am because a cat just walked into my apartment while I’m writing this…omg it’s so cute. What should I name it?  I’m feeling Rick idk…

Anyways back to what I get paid for…writing my opinion. Welcome to Linfield everyone new and old. It’s been over two years since COVID-19 hit this campus and I can’t help but reflect on how much of my college experience was controlled by a virus. I mean it seems like yesterday that I was picking out the perfect outfit for this particular event, and then the next week we went home. That was over two years ago.

Not to mention the crazy that happened last year when all the athletes and students were masked up and classes were mostly virtual. Oh. Also, remember that time that the state of Oregon was on fire and I went to Buffalo Wild Wings and watched the world burn? What can I say? 10 dollar boneless Tuesdays are my weakness.

So far this year has been great, and I have to say that the student body came back stronger and more resilient than ever. I mean, that is what a Linfield Wildcat embodies- strength, hard work and determination. As for the freshmen and sophomores, I’m so excited to finally meet you all. I feel as if masks and quarantine have really taken a toll on the campus social structure, so I’m excited to get back to that.

In other news, Dillin is dining again :/ I mean idk why I’m complaining, it’s not like I eat there but their fish ain’t it sis. Or maybe it is, and you just like your toilet.

Fall is right around the corner and for anyone trying to find something cute and fun to do around McMinnville, well first off, good luck, but second, Gervais has Baumans Fall Festival which is basically a farm style carnival. For all you fall lovers, they have caramel apples, corn mazes, apple cider doughnuts which I would literally turn straight for, but most importantly, instagram pictures. Be sure to definitely check it out if you love a spooky season.

That’s all I got for this week, and I’m really excited to have a mostly normal year here AGAIN! Football is this weekend and if you haven’t experienced a tailgate then get out there and let your cardinal and purple fly baby. Excited for this year you guys, go cats!