April showers bring me pre-exposed senioritis

Kaden Gass, Staff Writer

April is finally here and so is the end of the semester. I don’t know about you, but I am so looking forward to going home and just relaxing for a few months (and possibly traveling since I am now vaccinated). It’s crazy to think it’s been over a year since the U.S. imploded from COVID. Do y’all remember the toilet paper debacle? Yeah, me too—I had to go weeks without two-ply and I’m still salty about it.

But in all honesty, I feel like it’s a shoutout to science and what it’s done within the past few years. Record progress for a vaccine is crazy and I am very appreciative for it. Take into account that the flu vaccine that we get every year took 20 years to develop.

But enough about that boring stuff, I want to hear from you. I’m looking to do something interesting, kind of like an “ask questions or just say random topics” type of thing to keep people engaged. 

I know y’all wanna hear a gay man address your daily concerns and life updates at Linfield so send in your comments.

Anyway, the last weeks are upon us ‘Cats, and you know what that means? Now is the time each and everyone of us is going to get pre-exposed senioritis, which I would argue is almost as bad as the Coronavirus. 

To all my actual graduating seniors, I just want to say great job and at the same time I’m sorry. This year sucked and it was supposed to be your time to hoe out and have fun! But I’m very impressed by the grit and determination you all have shown the rest of the school and wish nothing but the best in the rest of your endeavors.

No matter what grade you’re in, just remember that a D is considered passing and that your mental health is the most important thing to address this year. So keep on pushing, ‘Cats, and let’s end up finishing strong.