ASLC Brief: COVID-19 update and ASLC cabinet positions open

Anna Frazier, Climate & Environment Editor

The senate approved signing ASLC onto the Student Government Leaders’ Statement on Carbon Dividends, which was started by students at Yale. So far, several thousand college student associations have signed on in support. The Review will provide additional information in a future article. 

ASLC elections were today, and as of 7 p.m., 290 students participated. Results will be emailed out to all students Wednesday morning. 

ASLC voted on a new club, The Period, which would serve as a chapter of a larger organization to combat period poverty and promote menstrual hygiene. Results on its approval/disapproval will be released to the president of the club within one week.

ASLC cabinet position applications are open Wednesday, March 11 and close Friday, March 20. For more information on the positions available, visit https://www.linfield.edu/aslc/cabinet/apps.html

Renegade Catering is coming to campus next Tuesday from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. 100 ten-dollar vouchers will be given out on a first-come, first-serve basis. 

There will be a school wide March Madness bracket available for all Linfield students to join. Junior Mikayla Sponsel, the ASLC intramural sports director, got clearance for NCAA athletes to participate since there will be no gambling involved.

COVID-19 update: There is currently no need to be alarmed, according to ASLC advisor Sarah Fuller. There are no current plans for a school-wide switch to an online format. Students will continue to be updated as the task force committee monitors the situation.