Choir tour makes final stop in Ice Auditorium

Kyle Huizinga, Staff writer

On Saturday the Linfield College Concert Choir, led by professor Anna Song, performed a homecoming concert to complete their tour. The choir toured across much of Southern California and visited multiple venues, including senior living centers and Palm Springs High School.

Song opened the evening with a short but touching speech on the success of the choir tour.

The homecoming concert included a wide array of songs from every musical style and genre. In total, the performance had twelve choral pieces which were well received by the audience.

After a brief intermission, professor Jonandrew Slominski performed two solo piano pieces from memory to show the wide array of sound and vocal styles that can be found by playing the piano. Slominski performed “Barcarolle Op. 60” by Frederic Chopin and “Seven Virtuoso Etudes” written by George Gershwin and arranged by Earl Wilde.

Between performances, singers were given the opportunity to speak to the audience about the ways in which choir had affected their college experience.

Three students shared their experiences and told humorous and heartwarming stories about the tour.

Concert Choir will return later in the spring with an entirely new repertoire and will perform alongside other vocal ensembles such as Men’s Glee Club and Women’s Vocal Ensemble.