First of two Linfield presidential candidates to tour campus

Elizabeth Stoeger, Staff writer

Dr. Miles K. Davis will be the first of two candidates to tour and visit Linfield in the search for a new college president.

He will visit for two days beginning on Monday and spend time at both the McMinnville and Portland campuses.

On Monday, his day will begin with breakfast with President Hellie and the chair of the board. His schedule includes several meetings with students, faculty and staff.

Davis has been the dean of the Harry F. Byrd., Jr. School of Business at Shenandoah University in Virginia since 2012. He received his bachelor’s in communications from Duquesne University, master’s from Bowie State University where he graduated first in his class, and his Ph.D. from George Washington University.

Almost 4,000 students are enrolled in Shenandoah University’s undergraduate and graduate programs. The Harry F. Byrd., Jr. School of Business has 323 undergraduate students and 107 graduate students, according to the University’s website.

He has written multiple articles for different publications and one of his focuses was the role of religion in business and management.

In 2000, Davis was an invited guest of the Royal Family of Saudi Arabia in recognition of his service to the Islamic Community. He also lived in Saudi Arabia for one month as a guest of the Royal Family as well.

CORRECTIONS: An article published on Monday about the first Linfield presidential candidate, Miles K Davis, mistakenly stated that he would be the first of five candidates to appear on campus. He was the first of two, not of five candidates. The article also incorrectly stated that Shenandoah University had 323 undergraduate students and 107 graduate students. Shenandoah University has almost 4,000 students. It is the Harry F. Byrd, Jr. School of Business, a part of Shenandoah University, which has 323 undergraduate students and 107 graduate students.