LCAT fresh out of bento

Elizabeth Stoeger, Staff writer

An unusually large crowd led to an unexpected debacle when the free bento ran out before 7 p.m.

Linfield students were encouraged to visit FML at 7 p.m. on Thursday for free bento, a Trail Blazers viewing party, and a raffle to attend a future Blazers game. But many were disappointed when they showed up and the bento was gone by 7 p.m.

Students were angry but Bobby Tarnapoll, Sports Chair for LCAT and the person who organized the event, felt that their anger was misplaced.

“I put on the event to provide a fun atmosphere for students to enjoy a Trail Blazers game with friends all the while getting a free Bento,” said Tarnapoll. “Tip off was at 7pm and that was the scheduled time of the event. However, being that bentos are very popular on campus, over 100 people were in FML by 6:30 p.m. I decided to start giving away the bentos prior to 7 p.m. at 6:45 p.m.”

Tarnapoll said that he believes the criticism aimed at him is unwarranted. “For those students who arrived to find the bentos gone, they wouldn’t have gotten one anyway because they would be last in line, behind 100 people waiting for just 100 available bentos.”

The blunder will be a learning experience and “LCAT is very excited that this event had a high attendance and will adjust for the future.”