Linfield track has top performances at GFU meet

Emma Bloomfield, Staff Writer

Linfield’s students continue to hold high titles and set personal records for themselves in track. Students competed alongside many Northwest Conference teams at the Rich Allen Classic.

The track meet was on Saturday, April 9 at George Fox University.

Achieving new personal records is not just for freshmen. Seniors, juniors, and sophomores continue to do better with every meet as well.

Senior Manuel Finley won the men’s 1500-meters in a time of 4:02.96, which is a personal record for him.

In the women’s 1500m, sophomore Kaelia Neal won with a time of 4:57.51, and freshman Courtney Beard finished second in 4:57.98, a personal record for her.

Junior Chris Roth finished fourth in the men’s 3000m steeplechase in a time of 10:10.70, also a personal record for him.

All of these new records being set, especially by the younger students, motivates them to do better.

Junior Jake Mihelich won the men’s 100m dash in a time of 10.92 seconds, and won the 200m in 21.49

Junior Kane Kennedy finished fifth in the men’s 100m in a time of 11.24 and freshman Taylor Vicknair finished fifth in the men’s 110m hurdles in a time of 16.44.

The men’s 4X100 meter relay, which consisted of Kennedy, Ryan Orlandini, Spencer Payne and Mihelich, won in a time of 42.39.

Junior Dallas Edge finished second in the women’s 100m in a time of 12.87 and won the 100m hurdles in 14.70.

Junior Madison Gladding finished fourth in the women’s 100m in a time of 13.08 and finished fourth in the women’s 200m in a time of 26.52.

Freshman Kycie Richwine finished third in the women’s 100m hurdles in a time of 15.98.

For the field events, sophomore Jeff Lieder won the men’s shot put with a throw of 14.13 meters. Lieder also finished fifth in the men’s discus with a throw of 40.64m.

Senior Morgunn Ewing finished third in the men’s javelin with a throw of 56.99m. Senior Chris Beresford finished fourth with a throw of 55.45m.

Freshman Ellie Dean finished second in her first ever steeplechase. She ran 12:49.65.

Sophomore Trish Reeves won the women’s high jump, clearing the bar at 1.64m. She is now no. 6 on Linfield’s All Time Top-Ten List.

Freshman Olivia McDaniel finished third in the women’s pole vault with a clearance of 3.41m.

Freshman Madeline Shirley finished fourth in the women’s discus with a throw of 36.90m.

Sophomore Olivia Bannerot finished fourth in the women’s javelin with a throw of 37.87.

The Wildcats compete on Saturday, April 16, at Pacific University.