Sanders attracts college students’ attention

Emma Bloomfield, For the Review

Bernie Sanders, who is seeking the Democratic nomination for the 2016 presidential election, has attracted the attention of millions of college students with his plans for free college.

With his plans to eliminate college tuition and lower educational loan interest rates, attaining a higher education will become accessible to everyone. This could help people across the United States reach what they want to do with their lives.

Along with this he says that current debt holding students would be able to refinance at a lower interest rate, reducing their overall costs by at least 2 percent. This is a great idea and would take a big load of many peoples’ shoulders.

College students should be able to achieve the education that they need to succeed in life, but can’t because of their financial situations. This then causes many students to drop out because they cannot pay for their education. This even happens at Linfield, when students lose financial funding or run out of money.

This is so unfair because those students have made it so far and they want to learn, but they cannot due to their financial situations. Sanders calls the current burdens on students and graduates a “national disgrace.” He has introduced his College for All Act, which will remove this burden by eliminating undergraduate tuition for public colleges and universities.

By taking these measures Sanders is making sure that this generation, and others to come, will be able to live debt free and acquire the education to do what they want with their lives. Sanders acknowledgment of the financial pressures students feel in trying to better their lives is why so many college students are supporting this presidential candidate.

This could help not only the United States, but also the nation’s people to live happier and more successful lives.