McMinnville restaurants provide deals, discounts for students

Katelyn Prendergast, For the Review

A variety of places in McMinnville offer discounts to Linfield students and staff with school identification.

Coffee, sandwiches, ice cream, and sit down meals are some of the discounts that are made available for students and staff.

Cornerstone Coffee Roasters, LaughiNG BeAN bisTro, Serendipity and 3rd Street Pizza are a few that offer a variety of food and beverages with generous discounts.

Cornerstone Coffee Roasters is inexpensive and located on Third Street. Linfield students and staff receive a 20 percent discount with any purchase with a Linfield identification.

They sell a variety of beverages, baked goods and an assortment of breads. They host poker and Magic the Gathering game nights, as well as local musicians and bands that commonly have no cover charge.

They have random discount days that involve what you are wearing or a specific type of drink. Cornerstone also gives out punch cards, buy 10 drinks and get the 11th one free.

Serendipity Ice Cream is also located on Third Street and Linfield students and staff receive a 20 percent discount off the total purchase.

Serendipity is actively involved in fundraisers. They feature homemade cookies, soups and waffle cones. The shop sells Cascade Glacier Ice Cream, bottled retro sodas and much more.

Great Harvest Bread is located across the street from Print Northwest, which is in the same parking lot as the Green Apartments on Linfield’s campus.

Linfield students and staff receive a baked sweet with the purchase of a whole sandwich or salad. Baked sweets vary in brownies, cookies, and scones. They also have a punch card, visit 10 times, and get the 11th free.

Their address is 1135 SW Baker St. They offer a wide variety of freshly baked bread, sandwiches, salads, and much more.

In addition, they offer a Build-Your-Own sandwich and salad option. The items range from $4 to $10, depending on the type of item and any added fixing’s.

Subway at the Lowe’s location offers a 10 percent discount to students and staff with any purchase.

Third Street Pizza offers a 10 percent discount on the overall order. They have a movie theater inside the building. Patrons can enjoy pizza, a drink, and a showing at 10 percent off. They also take reservations for groups or hosting parties.

The Mexican food chain Muchas Gracias gives those with a Linfield card a free, small soft drink.

The Yogurt Shop is located in the Albertson’s parking lot. They are a low-priced frozen yogurt shop that offers a Build-Your-Own, self-serve dessert line. They have punch cards, buy 10 get the 11th four-ounce dessert free.

Union Block Café is located on Third Street and they offer drinks and a small food selection. Students and staff receive a 10 percent discount off any drink.

LaughiNG BeAN biSTro offers a 10 percent discount to students and staff. They are located at 2274 NW Second St. and offer breakfast, brunch, sandwich and burgers. They are inexpensive and are involved with many fundraisers.

Kaos is a new restaurant that was completed this year and are located on Third Street. They have a wine village and fine dining restaurant downstairs, with a rooftop bar and grill upstairs. The restaurant is relatively expensive and does not offer Linfield discounts.

Any college student spends a lot of money on food but with the help of the McMinnville community, Linfield students don’t have to go broke enjoying the many offerings.