Seniors take the crown

Rosa Johnson, Managing Editor

Another Mr. and Miss Linfield court was crowned on Oct. 17 for Homecoming week.

The female contestants consisted of junior Mikayla Murphy representing Alpha Phi, junior Maddie Bergman representing Zeta Tau Alpha and senior Brianna Edginton representing Phi Sigma Sigma.

This year, those who aren’t in Greek life were especially encouraged to participate in Mr. and Miss Linfield.

The Associated Students of Linfield College nominated sophomore Hector Cruz-Bogarin to represent them for this year’s event.

Other male competitors were sophomore Parker Wells of Pi Kappa Alpha and senior Corey VanDomelen of Theta Chi.

Senior Ivanna Tucker and junior Nikki Hegge hosted the Oct. 17 event and acted as game show hosts introducing the contestants and judges, leading games and providing overall humor to the show.

Assistant softball coach Staci Doucette, Professor of Theatre Janet Gupton, Director of Multicultural Programs Jason Rodriquez and Director of Financial Aid Keri Burke all participated as this year’s judges for Mr. and Miss Linfield.

Participants competed in four categories: introductions, spirit, question and answer and talent. Wells won first place in the introduction and the question and answer portion while VanDomelen won first place in spirt and talent and took the crown for this year’s title of Mr. Linfield.

Edginton swept the competition away by receiving first place in introduction, spirit and talent portions.

There was a three-way-tie between Murphy, Bergman and Edginton in the question and answer section.

Edginton took the Miss Linfield tiara and waved to the energetic crowd after a variety of humorous acts, answers and dances were presented by all of the contestants.

Competitors sang and played instruments, performed skits to raise Wildcat spirit in preparation for the Homecoming football game, and showed off their personalities in clever ways to win the attention of the crowd and judges.