Let’s Talk About Sex: It’s going down, we’re yelling Tinder

Stephanie Hofmann, Opinion Editor

Left. Right. Right. Right. Left. Oh my gosh that person is hot *frantically swipes right.*
These are the sounds of Tinder.
This amazing app gives you the ability to pick out your own batch of guys or girls that you want to meet all in the comfort of your dorm room, boring history class, lunch hour at Dillin or a comfy coach in Starbucks.
No longer can singles use the excuse that there are no available people around to meet since the invitation of the best matchmaker in the world.
Tinder has taken off in the last couple of months as a place for single to get to know the people on the other side of that smart phone before actually meeting them.
The time from texting to meeting is getting shorter every week. As people get more comfortable with how Tinder works and the people on it, the more people are opening up to that way of life.
This handy app has made it possible to meet new people with a simple swipe to the right. Now singles everywhere don’t have to rely on friends of friends or someone’s ‘really cool’ cousin in order to have a fun night with someone.
People are now meeting for a lot more than coffee. Tinder hook ups and some that even lead to real relationships are becoming more common.
By taking away the awkward event of being rejected Tinder allows everyone to put themselves out there. This lets people connect with people that they would have never gone up to before and make a connection.
It’s the safe Internet dating service for the common college student. People no longer give people a stink eye for saying that they met up with someone on Tinder.
It’s not like meeting someone awkwardly on Facebook or even weirder Instagram. Tinder has become a completely reasonable way to meet up with people.
This doesn’t mean that you could just jump into the world of Tinder and meet every random person that you match up with. It’s important to remember that is this an online site and there are weird people out there like murderers.
So while it is fun to meet up with people, the first place should be an open one around a lot of other people, because let’s be honest some people are sketchy.
Tinder is the new way for people all around the Linfield world can get together and have fun. So get out there ‘Cats and start swiping right.