Study abroad fair informs students

Jonathan Williams, News editor

Sophomore Sarah Stark browses the Study Abroad booths on Thursday, Sept. 4 in Fred Meyer Lounge.
Emilie Skladzien/Photo Editor. Sophomore Sarah Stark browses the Study Abroad booths on Thursday, Sept. 4 in Fred Meyer Lounge.

The International Programs office hosted the study abroad fair showcasing different options for students on Thursday, Sept. 4, in Fred Meyer Lounge.

Students had the chance to learn more about countries that they are interested in studying as well as asking questions to some of the IPO faculty and staff.

Students also got the chance to see the financial and academic aspect of studying abroad as it does take some work to go overseas.

Some countries are only open to students to study at during the fall such as Austria and England while others are open for students to study at during the Fall or Spring semester like Australia and France.

Sophomore Chris Hu commented, “The fair was great. It answered a lot of the questions I had about studying abroad.”

Tables displayed photos of students that have traveled abroad with brochures including facts about the country, costs and what University students could study at.

Students that have previously studied abroad were at the fair to answer questions as well as to encourage students to study abroad for a semester or a year.

Information concerning January Term Study Abroad courses led by faculty will be coming out soon.

The deadline to submit an application to study abroad for the fall of 2015 or the spring of 2016 is October 1 to the International Programs Office in Walker Hall 120.