Boot camp helps students learn to de-stress

Every Wednesday for the next three weeks students will be meeting in Walker to kick out bad stress in the Stress Relief Bootcamp starting at 12:15 p.m.

Sponsored by the Student Health and Wellness Center, this boot camp is meant to teach students about what stress is and how to deal with it in their own personal way.

Students that came into the bootcamp were looking for solutions to different problems that stress causes them.Destress Bootcamp Front Page

In the beginning of the first session they talked about the goals that they have for the rest of the weeks to come.

They ranged from just dealing with day to day balancing of tasks stress to how to deal with studying for different tests all at the same time.

“I thought it would be fun,” sophomore Sara Scott said. “I need to learn how to manage my stress between my classes, especially with finals coming up soon.”

Counselors Marilyn MacGregor and Amy Halloran-Steiner show students how to improve their relationship with stress in different ways.Strategies included moving the body in relaxing yoga poses to going into the science of what stress happens and what it does to us.

The Stress Relief Bootcamp will continue on for the next two weeks on Wednesdays at 12:15 p.m. on the third floor of Walker. All students are welcome to come and learn about their own stress and how they can deal with it.

Stephanie Hofmann / Sports editor

Stephanie Hofmann can be reached at [email protected].