Volleyball comes up short against Pacific

Sophomore+Raelynn+Hammock+jumps+to+embrace+teammates.+

JJ Anderson

Sophomore Raelynn Hammock jumps to embrace teammates.

JJ Anderson, Staff Writer

Linfield volleyball fell Friday night in three straight sets to Pacific University in Ted Wilson Gym, by scores of 25-22, 25-10, 25-21. The Boxers improved their record to a league-leading 5-0 after their victory as Linfield dropped to 0-4 on the season.

Linfield led the first set 21-19 until Pacific went on to score six of the next seven points to take the first set 25-22. The Boxers tallied 15 kills in set one.

In the second set, Pacific jumped out to an early 10-3 lead and held on to take the set 25-10. 

The Boxers went on to win the third set as well, but the ‘Cats kept it close, eventually losing 25-21.

In the match, Pacific had a .258 hitting percentage, compared to Linfield’s .052 hitting percentage. The Boxers totaled 36 kills, led by senior Jordan Zweifel, who contributed 15. Zweifel was named the Northwest Conference Offensive Volleyball Player of the Week in early March. 

Senior Regan Dean and sophomore Raelynn Hammock both added seven kills, bringing the Wildcats to 25 kills on the day. Senior Tessa Doerfler had 12 digs. 

Up next, the Wildcats will play at George Fox University at 6 p.m. on Thursday and will be back in Ted Wilson Gym at 6 p.m. on Friday against the Bruins as well.