Enloe moves audience at Linfield

Cynthia Enloe, guest speaker for Gender Equity Week, generated a buzz around Linfield.

Whether in the classroom, over Facebook posts, or during lunch conversations, Enloe made a statement and  sparked much needed curiosity.

During her talk, Enloe not only articulated her knowledge and passion, she embodied humbleness.

Enloe is truly a woman of many accomplishments.

She presented her knowledge and years of research in the most relatable, formal approach for her audience, but still delivered credibility.

Enloe moved through her talk articulating in a precise way that allowed students and professors from all backgrounds of study to follow her in the process.

Enloe spoke directly to the audience, not in a way that could be seen as obviously rehearsed, but in a way that made those unfamiliar with her field of work feel confident that she knew her stuff.

Enloe has spoken across the globe and in a number of Universities.

She demonstrated such familiarity on stage and such confidence in her lecture.

As an audience member, it was clear to see her niche for educating and spreading knowledge.

Going back to Enloe’s humble and relatable personality, this was seen when she opened up her lecture to questions and taking a seat on the lip of the stage to address students’ questions.

In addition to this, Enloe did not hesitate to respond, “I don’t know,” when she didn’t know the answer and she encouraged those eager to make a difference for Iraqi women in the most modest form, just by simply thinking about them often.

“The one the thing to do is to think about it… because paying attention is actually a political act,” Enloe unpretentiously answered a Linfield student’s question.

Enloe left her audience with a new perspective knowledge and the duty to simply be curiosity advocates for women, the indirect victims of war.

-The Review Editorial Board