Bad finish before the Regionals

The baseball team had a rough finish before Regionals in two weeks, with three back-to-back losses against Lewis-Clark State 8-0, 4-2 and George Fox 10-2.

The ’Cats started off May 3 against Lewis-Clark State home with a sour taste in their mouth.

Linfield lost the first game against the Warriors 8-0 in the first game.

The Warriors started off the games with two runs in the first inning and coming in with five more in the fourth.

All the while holding off the ’Cats to where they got no runs and only three hits.

Lewis-Clark State sealed the game’s fate in the fifth inning with one more run and didn’t have either team get another run.

In the second game, the ’Cats were able to get a couple of hits in against the Warriors, but in the end they ended up losing 4-2.

Linfield was determined to turn this game around for the better by getting one run in the first inning after a no-run inning for Lewis-Clark State.

Both teams went back and forth for four more innings until the Warriors were able to get a run in during the fifth inning.

The Warriors got two more runs in the sixth and seventh inning leading the game away from the ‘Cats.

Although Linfield was able to get one more run in the eight inning, Lewis-Clark State pulled ahead with another run in the ninth, making sure they won another game.

Linfield played their final game of the season against George Fox and was behind from the very beginning, finishing 10-2.

Right off the bat, the Bruins showed the Wildcats that they were not messing around by getting nine runs in an explosive first inning.

The ‘Cats tried to catch up during the sixth inning where they got two runs, but it was far too little far and too late.

George Fox held off any advances that Linfield tried to make and helped their own with their runs.

The Linfield baseball team will be playing next at the NCAA Regional Championship at home on May 14-17.

Stephanie Hofmann/Sports editor

[email protected]