’Cats snuff out missionaries in three game series

The Linfield baseball team went back on the road for a three game series against Whitman College on March 15-16.

While Linfield won all three games, the “W’s” didn’t come easy. Its first game was a nail-biter all the way through. After regulation had expired, the game was deadlocked. It wasn’t until two innings later that Linfield jumped ahead and ended up winning the game by two.

The extra inning win was the first of two games on March 15. After the hard fought fist game, Linfield handled Whitman with ease in the second game. Linfield won 5-0 and almost shut Whitman out, only allowing one hit in the entire game.

Junior Chris Haddeland pitched a complete game, striking out five and only allowing a total of three runners on base, two of which coming from walks.

Haddeland now has a sub 1.0 ERA and 31 strikeouts for the year, and a perfect record, winning all five of his starts.

First baseman senior Clayton Truex continued his hot streak, going one for four on the game and bringing in two RBI’s. He is was batting .439 before the three game series and has raised it since.

Linfield went back onto the field and extended their streak on March 16, winning 2-0. Linfield remains perfect on the road, going 10-0 for away games and proving that homefield advantage doesn’t make a difference in how they preform.

Linfield remains the number one in the standings for D3 NWC ball, and only widened the gap by winning these last three games.

Linfield comes home to face off against Whitworth for a two game series on March 22 and 23.

The will look to extend their winning streak and get another two wins in front of their fans.

Drew Mahrt/For the Review