Men’s golf gets washed away in tournament

Everything good must eventually come to an end. That was the story of the Linfield golf team this weekend, as they finish sixth of eight on March 8 and fifth of eight on March 9.

Junior Taylor Klopp was again the highlight athlete for the Wildcat golf team, shooting  just four over par and finishing fifth individually. Klopp has been consistently a top tier player for Linfield this year, finishing in the top five individually in most of their tournaments.

Not a single player shot even or under par in the tournament, the lowest score being a 73, or two over par, shot by Puget Sound University’s Derek Wilson. Puget sound took the top two individual spots and also ended up winning the match as a team.

Another top-10 finisher for Linfield was senior A.J. Taylor. He finished tied for ninth place, shooting six over par with a 77.

Taylor has averaged about a 77 throughout his career her at Linfield, and has shown steady consistency when he does play. He has been out for the majority of the season due to injury.

Juniors Kyle Hargrave and Kevin Kowasaki have also been steady contributor for Linfield averaging 77.72 and 76.91, respectively. However, Kowaskaki had a rough round in his last match, shooting 12 over with an 83, and Hargrave did not compete.

Drew Mahrt/For the Review