Men’s golf finished third after two day tournament

While the Wildcats only finished in third as a team, junior Taylor Klopp had a magnificent individual performance, shooting two under par for the tournament.

Juniors Kevin Kowasaki and Logan Munson also placed in the top-15, with a still very impressive score of 155 for the two days, finishing 11 over par.

Linfield has been on a bit of a hot streak over the past few weeks compared to their usual play. They placed second twice and third this past weekend.

Klopp was the only person who managed to finish underpar, and that was all due to his second day preformance. He shot even on the first day with a 72, and two under his second round, shooting a 70.

Kawasaki and Munson both shot the same on both days, keeping their play very consistent. They both shot 77 the first day, five over par, and 78 the second.

The second place individual finisher came from Pacific Lutheran University. While he did not finish in the top five after the first day, he came back the second and shot one under par, boosting him over all but Klopp.

While Linfield’s hot streak has slightly stated to cool, they still hope to keep up this level of play for the rest of the season. Including their first semester play, they have placed in the top three in all but one of their matches.

On March 8 and 9, Linfield will head out to Fircrest next weekend to compete in the University of Puget Sound Invitational, where they will look to extend their top three preformance streak.

Drew Marht/For the Review