Women’s lacrosse is defeated in weekend games

The women’s lacrosse team lost its weekend games against Alma University by 18-6 and Pomona-Pitzer College by 17-0.

The Wildcats were defeated by Alma University, 18-6 on Feb. 28. The ’Cats tried to kept up with their defense in the beginning of the game, but eventually the Wildcats opened up holes that Alma was able to get through. Sophomore Erika Phillipo made many great saves during the entire game.

The leading scorer for Linfield was junior Shelby Duarte who scored three goals and junior Halee Helgerson assisted many players while adding more goals of her own.

The team grew immensely in this game, growing closer together as a team and showing what the Wildcats could do.

“Friday’s game against Alma was our best game this season,” junior Rebecca Kropp said. “We improved leaps and bounds for last weekends game. We can compete with most of the teams we play, we just need to put all the little pieces together.”

The ’Cats played Pomona-Pitzer College on March 2 which they lost 17-0, but the Wildcats are looking ahead to the future games.

“We will work on situations that were difficult in games and figure out how to deal with those situations should they arise again,” freshman Madilyn Bechtel said. “We will continue to hone our skills to be better prepared for future curveballs. We will incorporate what we learned in this weeks games into our drills this week and bring what we learn to next weeks games.”

The women’s lacrosse team will be at home next weekend against George Fox University and Kenyon College.

Stephanie Hofmann/Sports editor

The Women’s Lacrosse team goes for the goal at the game aganist Alma University. The team will next be playing on March 5 Fbuar George Fox Univeristy at home at 6 p.m.

Casie Gaza/For the Review

Sophomore Erika Phillipo defends the Linfield goal aganist Alma University during the Feb. 28 game.

Casie Gaza/For the Review