Men’s Tennis gets its first doubles win

The Linfield’s No. 1 doubles team saw their first tandem win against University of Puget Sound on March 1, providing the Wildcat’s with their only win for the weekend. The men’s tennis team dropped the match 8-1 against the UPS Loggers.

Junior Lukas Kleinman and freshmen Kelsey Rosborough defeated the UPS duo 8-6. Kleinman hopes that their win this weekend will bring energy to help fuel the team next weekend.

In other doubles, Linfield’s No. 2 duo, junior Micah Roos and sophomore Tim Hawkins fell 8-4 to Puget Sound. Wildcat’s No. 3 doubles loss due to default.

“We’re at a huge disadvantage because of our injuries,” sophomore Nick Konen said. “We’ve had to go into every match down 2-0 because of our lack of players so we are forced to forfeit those two games.”

In singles, Rosoborough had a close match against the No. 2 player for UPS, with a 7-4, 6-4 loss.

“We didn’t play quiet as well as we wanted to in singles this week but I definitely saw improvement over last week,” Kleinman said.

Other singles were not as close. Roos at No. 1 loss 6-0, 6-0, Kleinman at No. 3 loss 6-4, 6-0, Hawkins at No. 4 loss 6-2, 6-2 and Konen at No. 5 loss 6-0, 6-0. Linfield also loss in No. 6 singles due to default.

“Although he [Rosoborough] didn’t win it was great to see him play with so much confidence and passion, especially as a freshman,” said Konen, “The final score of the match was 8-1, but that score doesn’t reflect how we played. We played well, kept it competitive and gained some confidence that we will carry to California next weekend where we will hopefully get our first win of the season.”

Next weekend the team heads to Indio, Calif. to play three matches in three days. The Wildcats first play California Institute of Technology on March 8, then Hardin-Simmons University March 9 and the team battles George Fox University on March 10.

Rachael Gernhart/Staff Writer