Women’s basketball ends with double win

Although their season wasn’t anything spectacular, the Linfield women’s basketball team finished their season strong by winning two of their last three games.

The women started their week off with a win against Willamette, defeating them 83-53 on Linfields home court.

Junior Taylor Solomon and senior Kaely Maltman both had big games in this win, combining for a total of 38 points.

Maltman was a huge factor on the boards and came close to recording a triple double, snatching up 21 rebounds to go along with her 18 points and seven assists.

Linfield really got loose in the second half. After being up by four going into the locker rooms at halftime, they decided that wasn’t enough and went all didn’t hold anything back. They scored 52 points in the second half of the game while holding Willamette University to only 26.

The team dominated in almost every category and shot and amazing 54 percent as a team from the field.

Linfield couldn’t repeat in their next game against pacific, losing 74-73, but made sure to end their season with a bang with a win against Pacific Lutheran University.

The women put on another dominating display by defeating the Lutes 92-68. Solomon was the high scorer again in this one, shooting 7-15 from the field and making 10 of her 12 free throw attempts.

Maltman came close to a triple double again, putting up 13 points, 11 boards, and eight assists.

Quincey Gibson also had a big game, scoring 20 points and making 4-5 shots from range.

Linfield boosted themselves into sixth place with these final two wins, passing Pacific and Pacific Lutheran in the standings.

The team was very pleased with their finish to the season and will hope to carry this momentum into the 2014-15 season.

Drew Mahrt/Senior Sports Reporter

[email protected]

Freshman Riley Graham (5) moves the ball across the court during the game against Willamette University.

Spencer Beck/Staff photographer