Women’s soccer falls to second in conference

The women’s soccer team had back-to-back away games this weekend winning one on Nov. 2 in a close match against George Fox University, 1-0 and the team lost the next day, Nov. 3 against Puget Sound University, 0-2.

The Wildcats’ win on Saturday Nov. 2 wasn’t an easy one. The girls made 36 attempts on goal during the whole game.

They only scoring in the second half by the teams star shooter senior Emily Fellows. Fellows made 12 attempted shots leading the team.

The defense was up like usual, only letting George Fox get close enough to shot seven times all of which were deflected by sophomore Kallina Haase.

The team continued on their trip away by going to play Puget Sound in Tacoma, Wash. The team attempted to shoot nine times, but none of them resulted in a goal.

The Loggers were able to get around the Wildcats defense two times, both in the first half and were able to keep the ’Cats at bay for the rest of the game.

This is the second lost that the women’s team has had all season.

This loss however did more than wreak their stats. It moved the Wildcats down to second in the Northwest Conference below Puget Sound by that one game.

The ’Cats will stay away for the rest of the conference season.

The Wildcats are still playing games away. Next week’s game against Lewis & Clark University will be in Portland, Ore. on Nov. 8 at 11 a.m. and another against Pacific Lutheran University at 11 a.m. on Nov. 9 at Tacoma, Wash.

Stephanie Hofmann/ Sports editor