Women’s soccer score while wearing pink

The Linfield women’s soccer team beat Pacific Lutheran University on Oct. 12 with the final score being 2-1. They also played and beat Lewis & Clark College the next day with a score of 5-0. The Wildcats record is now up to an impressive 10-1.

Senior Emily Fellows contributed two of Linfield’s goals in their game against Lewis & Clark, giving her a total of 15 goals on the season. She leads the team in that aspect.

Linfield split the other goals between three different players. Sophomore Marisa Specht was in on the second goal Linfield scored. Junior Ellie Schmidt was the assister on the play. Specht managed to bounce the ball of off her shoulder following the pass from Schmidt.

Schmidt also scored a goal of her own in the first half. That made her fourth goal of the year, second highest on the team after Fellows.

Sophomore Emma Vukic was the final scorer of the day, with great second effort after Schmidt’s missed shot getting Vukic her third goal of the season.

Again, the Wildcats took a plethora of shots, totaling 24 on the game and held their opposition to just five. Linfield’s great defense yet again prevailed in helping them improve their already spectacular record.

The day before they played Pacific Lutheran and came away with a similar, but closer result. They managed to win the game with excellent defense and a 3-1 ratio of shots taken, totaling 21 against Pacific Lutheran’s seven.

Fellows was yet again the scorer in Linfield’s win, contributing both of their goals.

Her second goal was definitely one to remember, as she headed the ball over the goalies head and just inside the top left corner of the goal.

Schmidt was awarded the only assist of the game, assisting Fellows in her header for the score.

The game also featured the Linfield athletic department and Zeta Tau Alpha sorority, where the game was “pinked out,” in support of breast cancer awareness month. This is the first of several sporting events to be “pinked out” during October.

The Wildcats are off on the road for their next game where they will take on Pacific University. This game will be at 7:00 p.m. on Oct. 16 in Forest Grove. The last time they faced Pacific, they won 4-2.

By Drew Mahrt / Senior Sports Reporter

[email protected]

Helen Lee/Photo editor

Midfielder Lindzee Baker (8) takes a shot on goal against Pacific Lutheran goalie Takara Mitsui (21). Baker had two shots on goal during the Oct. 12 match against PLU.