Winning streak comes to an end for women’s soccer

The Wildcats took their first loss of the season on Sept. 29 in Walla Walla, Wash., against Whitman College, ending their winning streak with a score of 2-0.

The Wildcats had managed a perfect 8-0 record until their match against one of fellow Northwest Conference team, Whitman College.

Even though they have a loss on their record now, they still have a very impressive gals-goals against ratio, leading their conference at  24-6.

They are still leading the conference with an overall record  of 8-1 and 4-1 conference. The closest competitors are Whitman with a 7-3 record, and Pacific with a 6-1-2 record.

The Linfield Women’s soccer team started off on Sept. 28 in Spokane, Wash., playing Whitworth University. The team walked away with their eighth win of the season.

Senior Emily Fellows score tacked on her ninth and tenth goals of the year, scoring both of Linfield’s goals in their 2-0 win.

After this win, they improved their record to 8-0, with four wins and not a single loss in conference.

Fellows said that they “played well as a team, moved the ball really well and never gave [Whitworth] any real chances on goal.”

She also added that the game against Whitworth was “one of the best games we have played all season.”

This high praise by the Linfield team leader did not carry over into their second game of the week though.

“We were not ready for the physicality of the game and we let them have chances on goal that they capitalized on,” Fellows said. This was only Fellow’s third game without scoring a goal.

The Wildcats hope to bounce back and start another winning streak with their game against Willamette University on Oct. 6 at 12 p.m. at home.

This is the beginning to a home-game stretch through Oct. 16.

By Drew Mahrt/ Senior sports reporter