Sophomore Murphy Jackson who plays Ned Cooney, a recently released from jail felon, in “Temporal Powers” looks into the Donovans’ home. Attendees will be able to buy tickets for only $3 on the March 17 show. Rosa Johnson/Managing editor

Linfield theater brings the luck of the Irish

March 15, 2015

Linfield theater will be bringing the luck of the Irish for St. Patrick’s Day with their latest comedy “Temporal Powers.”

The play stars freshman Ben Bartu as Michael Donovan and his wife Min Donovan played by senior Mackensie Sempert as a penniless couple in Dublin.

The Donovans get evicted from their home and have to move into a dingy new home by scenic and lighting director Ty Marshall.

The Donovans discover a pouch of money which seems to be the solution to all of their problems until they learn that their recently released from jail brother-in-law, Ned Cooney played by sophomore Murphy Jackson, was the thief.

Mic believes that taking the money is unethical while his wife Min challenges that and sees it as a sign of luck.

Sophomore Sammy West plays the lovelorn Lizzie Brennan who drools over Moses Barron played by junior Lukasz Augustine.

“Temporal Powers” is a Linfield PLACE Event and the first production by a college or university theatre in the United States.

Directed by Adjunct Professor of Theatre Kathryn Bennett “Temporal Powers” will be showing from March 17-20 at 7:30 p.m. in Ford Hall. Tickets are available for purchase full price at $9, $5 for students with their ID and $7 for seniors 62 and over.

There is a $2 discount for opening night’s show on March 17.

Tickets are for sale at the door or online at http://www.linfield.edu/arts or by phone, or at the Marshall Theatre Box Office. Located just inside the lobby of Ford Hall, the box office is open Monday through Friday from 3 to 5 p.m., and until 7:30 p.m. on performance days.

For more information, call 503.883.2292.

Rosa Johnson can be reached at [email protected]