ELECTIONS: Meet the candidates

Jillian Beaudry

Editor-in-chief 

The primary debates for those running for ASLC president and vice president are March 3 at 7 p.m. in the Fred Meyer Lounge in Riley Center.

On March 4, the primary election for the position of president will be held. Students can cast their votes outside of Withnell Commons and Walker Hall from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.

The candidates for president are juniors Chris Schuldt, Geoff Young and Wesley Mitchell. The candidates for vice president are juniors Rafe Rafahi and Josh Planton. All candidates passed the bylaws test last Sunday and were approved by the Senate last Monday.

The general election debates will be held March 10 at 7 p.m. in FML, and the elections will follow on March 11 from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. in front of Withnell and Walker.

This year, ASLC is choosing to use an electronic check-in system that will prevent students from voting more than once, junior Vice President of Programming Kasey Richter said.

The class lists are synced to multiple computers using a program through Google. This allows for multiple polling booths.

Richter said the change is to help move the election process toward a more tech-friendly environment. Also, the change is to help students find where to vote easier than previous years, which will increase turnout.

1
View Comments (1)