Coffee to keep your motor running

Coffee

A guide to McMinnville’s drive-thru coffee kiosks

Cornerstone

Location: Second street and U.S. Highway 99W

Hours: 7 a.m. – 9 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 7 a.m. – 11:30 p.m., and 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.

Description: This drive-thru has an extensive list of specialty drinks, ranging from “Snickers” to “Almond Joy” to “White

Angel” (white mocha and caramel). If you like the taste of coffee with some added flavor and loads of caffeine, order a “Toddy” — hot or iced. Baristas here are amiable and efficient. And don’t forget to show your student ID because Linfield students receive a 25 percent discount.

Specials: It depends on the day, but usually it is a 16 oz. mocha or latte for $2.25.

Java Expresso

Location: U.S. Highway 99W in the Little Caesar’s parking lot

Hours: 5 a.m. – 7 p.m. Monday through Sunday

Description: This stand is always busy during mornings, but the baristas are lively and nice despite the rush. They serve

everything from traditional mochas and lattes to “Iced Kahlua” and “Frappe Freeze.” If you’re looking for a steady buzz, order a “Depth Charge,” which is black coffee and shots of espresso. Java Expresso’s signature brew is Bella Selva Coffee.

Specials: Monday: 16 oz. mocha for $2.75

Tuesday: flavored latte for $2.75

Wednesday: flavored mocha for $2.75

Thursday: buy one, get one for $1

Friday: double vanilla latte for $2.75

Saturday: The barista chooses based on the weather. It’s usually hot chocolate on a cold day or an Italian soda on a warm day.

Sunday: white mocha for $3

Leann’s Lattes

Location: U.S. Highway 99W near Wal-Mart

Hours: 5:30 a.m. – 6 p.m. Monday through Friday; 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. Saturday and Sunday

Description: The name may say “latte,” but this coffee stand redefines the concept of coffee with drinks such as the “Chunky Monkey” (white mocha, almond and banana flavoring) or “German Chocolate,” which has rich chocolate and coconut flavoring. All specialty drinks can be made hot, iced or blended.

Specials: Monday: mocha for $2.50

Thursday: buy one, get one for $1

Sunday: buy one, get one for $1

All other daily specials are decided that day.

Southside Java

Location: U.S. Highway 99W in the Bi-Mart

parking lot

Hours: 5 a.m. – 6 p.m. Monday through Friday;

7 a.m. – 6 p.m. Saturday through Sunday

Description: The baristas are friendly, efficient and creative. They serve drinks such as “Pirates Revenge,” which is a mix of espresso, milk, butternut, hazelnut and praline. Other specialty drinks include the “Twix Remix” (white chocolate, caramel and peanut butter) as well as the “Grasshopper” (chocolate mint). All drinks can be prepared hot, blended or iced. The stand’s signature brew is titled Longbottom Coffee, but if you want to cut back on your caffeine intake, the barista recommends chai because Southside Java uses the brand “Big Train,” which is a sweet and spicy powder mixture.

Specials: buy one, get one free on Thursdays and Sundays

By Chelsea Langevin/Senior reporter