Student grabbed by unknown man escapes, police still looking for suspect

Jonathan Williams, Editor-in-Chief

An unidentified female student was grabbed and escaped an attack from an unknown man at about 11:20 p.m. on Thursday by the field house next to Davis Street and Linfield Avenue, according to director of College Public Safety, Ron Noble.

The student was able to punch the unknown man when he grabbed her before escaping from him.

The man is described as a white male between 30 and 40 years old who was wearing a white t-shirt at the time of the attack.

A CatAlert was sent out to the community last night at approximately 1:05 a.m. that described the incident that occurred and that the police were investigating. It also warned students to stay out of that area.

Noble stated that CPS and the McMinnville Police Department responded to the incident and searched the area without finding the unknown attacker.

In an email to the Linfield community Noble stated that the police department “believes this is an isolated incident” and that there doesn’t seem to be any continuous threat to the Linfield community.

Noble urges students to be aware of their surroundings when walking late at night and to “avoid wearing earbuds or headphones.”

If anyone can identify the attacker or observed the incident, please call College Public Safety at 503-883-2602.

This story will be updated when more information is available.