Third Street Pizza parlor delivers double treat

Dominic Baez

As one of the most recognized establishments in McMinnville, Third Street Pizza not only serves excellent pizza, but also shows movies for customers’ viewing entertainment.

Third Street Pizza iscentered in the heart of downtown, and it is easy to see the effect its location has on the business.

The décor inside is simple. The wooden furniture matches the dim lighting the restaurant provides. The atmosphere is warm, inviting and family-oriented, exemplified by the giant comics on the walls.

While waiting for the food, check the comics out, they really are quite interesting.

The staff works hard to keep the place clean, although screaming children and sloppy adults don’t help the situation much. Still, there wasn’t food all over the table.

I have always been a fan of the pizza, and it didn’t let me down. I stuck with pepperoni, which was great. The crust is thin, New York style.

The restaurant offers a variety of food, including spaghetti, salads and calzones. You can get more than just fountain drinks to quench your thirst as well, such as Sobe and Snapple.

The price for the pizza is cheap, but that is not true for everything. However, it is definitely worth every penny. The restaurant accepts cash, debit and credit cards.

I was there at 7 p.m. on Monday and businesswas slow.

It has seating for large groups, but since the dining area is so small to begin with, it can get cramped fast. Some might have a hard time finding a seat, so it is a good idea to call ahead to check availability.

My favorite part: the theater. Although most probably don’t remember this place shows movies, it is a nice treat. Movies play at 1, 4 and 7 p.m. everyday, and the shows are normally just out of the theaters but not quite yet released to DVD.

Right now, Third Street is playing “Alvin and the Chipmunks” during the afternoon and “No Country for Old Men” in the evening.

You can see what movies are playing by checking out the posters in the windows. Also, you can call the restaurant and ask. Employees there are polite and helpful, so don’t be afraid to pick up the phone. You can even rent out the theater for private events, such as a movie screening or an Xbox tournament.

Overall, this is a place everyone has to try at least once. The pizza might not be for you, but with the great variety of food and the whole dinner-and-a-show experience, you really can’t go wrong.

Third Street Pizza is located at 433 NE 3rd St and can be reached at (503)-434-5800.

2
View Comments (2)