Wanted: Who is Taylor Johnson?

Taylor Johnson
Taylor Johnson does not include front facial shots on her Facebook account, as many students have noticed.

Taylor Johnson, whose Facebook account leads students to question her
existence, has never been seen on campus.

Many students have received Facebook friend requests from a mysterious girl who is purportedly a Linfield student.
Whether you have accepted or denied her request or responded to posts on her “wall,” her existence is mysterious. Her name is Taylor Johnson, and no one seems to know who she is.
Some students claim that Johnson is not a real person. If you access her Facebook page, you will notice that many students ask her questions such as where she lived before she came to Linfield and what her major is. She either does not reply or gives a generic response, such as she attended a community college before Linfield – but she leaves the college unnamed.
Johnson’s Facebook looks like any normal account. In her interests she wrote, “photography, surfing, painting, cooking, hiking, skiing, reading, living life to the fullest! and of course hanging with my family.” She also wrote that she enjoys any type of music and just transferred to Linfield, ecstatic to meet new friends. She seems like a regular teenage girl on campus, but who is she really?
A rumor has been floating around that Johnson is a faculty member portraying as a student to find out what Linfield students say about the school on social networking websites. A faculty member might also be using the account as an alleged student to catch wind of illegal activities students may be involved in.
Another suspicion is that junior Kelsey Chance created the profile. Suspicions were cleared up after she was interviewed.
Chance was baffled at the thought of creating a Facebook and pretending to be someone else. She even joked about it with her friends when she first heard the allegations.
“All of my friends and I are skeptical of who it really is,” Chance said. “I don’t know why anyone would think it was me. I’m confused as to why anyone would make a Facebook (pageand pretend to be someone else.”
Chance thinks it may be a practical joke or a social experiment to try to get a reaction out of students.
If that were the case, it certainly worked. Johnson’s unknown identity has angered many students.
One of these students is junior Kurtis Williams. He said Johnson added him on Facebook and then sent him a message.
“I was skeptical right off the bat,” he said. “She has no face shots, no information on her account about past schools or anything else. The validity of the account is questionable.”
Williams said he could see why an administrator would claim to be a student at Linfield, but he does not agree with it, if that is the truth.

Lauren Ostrom
Features editor Lauren Ostrom can be reached at [email protected]