Wildcats make most of last home track meet

Mickayla-Bay Washington, Staff Writer

Clear skies and sunshine provided the perfect backdrop for The Linfield Open, the last home track meet of the year.

Ready to start on a good note, sophomore Patricia Reeves competed in the women’s high jump receiving second place overall with 1.53 meters. Reeves also competed in the javelin throw and peaked there at 25.61m.

The other participants in the Javelin throw Olivia Bannerot, came in at 11th place overall with a throwing distance of 35.74m, and Jordyn Brugler, came in at 14th place overall with a throwing distance of 35.28m.

Elsewhere on the field Maddie Shirley did well in the shot put event peaking at 10.86m.

Freshman Mehana Sabado-Halpern performed well in the triple jump event, seizing second in the triple jump event, seizing second place with a jump of 11.07m.

Olivia McDaniel tied for second, with a clearance of 3.45m in the women’s pole vault event. Hayden Davisson also placed second in the men’s pole vault at 4.27m.

Our fellow Wildcats also had multiple solid performances on the track.

Jake Mihelich pulled through the 200-meter dash with a time of 21.77 seconds, which resulted in a first place ranking.

Steven Holland ran the 200 dash with a speed of 23.16 seconds as well as claiming 9th place in the 400-meter dash with a score of 50.98 seconds.

As for the Men’s 4×400-meter, Kevin Kurschner, Flint Martino, Chris Poole, and James Vaughan took 8th place with a time of 3:52.68.

Dallas Edge snatched second place in the women’s 100 dash with a time of 12.39 as well as fourth place in the 200-meter dash, with a time of 26.23.

“I made my goal of reaching 12.78 so I beat my personal record,” said Jade Everage.

Jade claimed 10th place in the women’s 100 dash.

This track meet was definitely filled with some impressive performances by a team that is striving to do their best every day.

“As a whole I feel like our team was encouraging each other to do well, so there are always good vibes,” Everage said.

Kaelia Neal, who ran the women’s 800 said, “ …It was okay, it could’ve been better.”

She finished sixth place with a time of 2:20.65.

The Frank Haskins Invitational coming up Thursday, May 12, will be another chance for the Wildcats to show off their skills.